Network Security Engineer - Senior
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Network Security Engineer
Investigate and troubleshoot all phases of network security issues using Managed Security Services which include, but are not conclusive of Firewalls, IDS, Proxies and Routers to ensure the security of client networks.
- Provide network security customer support supporting multiple customers.
- Responsible for packet capture analysis, syslog and firewall log analysis.
- Advanced OSI Model knowledge; Advanced layer 3 and layer 4 packet analysis; In depth, end to end, network troubleshooting and analysis.
- Provide 7x24 production support so candidate will be assigned various shifts.
- Identify security incidents, provide supporting information to clients, and support the client through containment and remediation.
- Troubleshoot end to end network connectivity using command line tools.
- Evaluate and implement customer’s move, add, change, delete requests.
- Conduct risk assessments on all work performed.
- Monitor security events and conduct regular reviews of log files, platforms, products and services.
- Create clear/concise documentation for continued follow-up and understanding by teammates and leadership.
- Must be able to obtain required clearances . Public Trust on most assignments.
- Keep current on network security trends, applications/software/issues.