Cyber Security Project Manager
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Cyber Security Project Manager
The successful candidate will be part of the PDO (Portfolio Delivery Office) within the SBO (Security Business Office). The PDO supports projects across all SRO (Security and Resiliency Organization) pillars, however the successful candidate will be specifically assigned to support Cybersecurity projects. Potential growth opportunity exists. The team currently consists of approximately 40 team members and is anticipated to grow by 50% or more in the coming year. Team members include project coordinators, project managers (junior, journeyman, and senior), program managers, and other various supporting roles that support delivery of projects for the Security and Resiliency Organization (SRO).
- Responsible for mid-to-large sized projects where impact is on the entire function or process; capable of supporting initiatives across Security functions
- Define and monitor project team resources; identifies and allocates resources as necessary to ensure project/program deliverables are met
- Provide guidance and track all assigned projects from planning/initiation through delivery; conducts regular reviews with finance, technology teams, and customers to ensure program is on track.
- Evaluate and recommend techniques and practices that ensure goal achievement
- Influence and manage continuous improvement of project/program process, practices and initiatives
- Strong awareness of industry trends, business conditions and internal processes and practices to meet project/program delivery requirements
- Identifies areas of risk/opportunities and influences and implements continuous improvements
- Maintains awareness of trends, business conditions and internal process and practices impacting project/program(s)
- May facilitate partner alignment and maintain partner relationships
Desired Skills/ Experience
- Certified Scrum Master
- Agile / SAFe / SCRUM / Kanban / SDLC Software Development
- Experience with Database and Endpoint Modernization
- Experience with Unmanaged assets
- Experience with Vulnerability management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Administration, Information Systems or related field
- 5+ years of Project Management experience
- Expert in Agile methodology in order to rapidly deliver results for the cloud security program.
- General knowledge of cyber security stack, cloud native capabilities, benefits of using cloud, and the mindset shift of securing Client’s cloud usage.
- General understanding of CI/CD Pipeline and SDLC
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment with competing, shifting priorities and have flexibility across time zones
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to be able to present at senior leadership levels
- Ensures rigorous attention to detail in all work activities and products
- Results-driven and accountability-minded
- Strong background in negotiating and conflict management.