QA Analyst III
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Our Client is seeking a strong QA Analyst with 8+ years’ experience in a QA role. You will be responsible for generating, maintaining, and executing quality test cases and test scripts focused on enhancing the performance and quality of various digital applications.
- Ensure the quality of all digital products by performing functional, design, copy, accessibility, cross-platform and regression testing
- Work with the Technical Manager, Project Manager and head of QA to verify all customer and business requirements and participate in sprint planning and feedback for all product releases
- Validate and troubleshoot reported bugs and clearly communicate problems and severity to appropriate development personnel
- Validate the full list of business rules and/or functional specifications documentation against the application being tested
- Work with integration partners across the organization for the timely delivery of the product
- Document defects/issues in JIRA, including relevant brief descriptions of the issue with detailed steps to replicate
- Create test plans and manage and process bug reports per project
- Provide estimates for small or large projects including level of testing effort and hours required
- Interpret and convert feedback from non-technical staff and customer service groups into actionable items for the development team
- Attend project stand-ups and QA team check-ins to provide status updates on projects
- Advocate and implement sound beacon and application testing processes and best practices for the team
- Maintain working relationships with people in a wide variety of functional areas
- Along with the DevOps team, help in the addition and continuation of automated tools into the continuous building process system
- Stay abreast of new browsers and technologies
Desired Skills /Experience
- Prior defect trending and triage experience
- Exposure to multi-platform and hardware device testing
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- 1+ years of QA automation (Detox, Appium, Selenium)
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and thrive in a fast-paced, high-stress and high-productivity environment
- Able to manage conflicting priorities effectively, including task prioritization and multitasking to manage daily workload
- Attention to detail, thoroughness, tenacity and strong organizational skills
- Knowledgeable about trends for new embedded hardware solutions, mobile devices and/or other digital applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to interact with technical, business, editorial and customer service groups
- Strong interest in Bluetooth and end-user applications, with an investigative drive to discover the underlying causes of technical problems
- Exposure to database-based applications, including some basic SQL queries, is a plus
- Familiarity with automated QA testing tools is a plus
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related discipline, and at least 5 years of experience.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and testing techniques
- Able to adapt to changes in product development as well as flexibility to work outside of normal business hours to meet testing needs.