Sr Site Reliability Engineer
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Site Reliability Engineer
Our Client is seeking Site Reliability Engineers to build out a new Site Reliability Team . As an SRE you will help us define and implement standards, practices, and tooling that help us operate effectively as we scale our public/private hybrid cloud. To address the full scope of reliability, the SRE team will work closely with both Product Development to help improve user facing services and Platform Development to help improve our overall platform.
- Work with product development teams to adopt platform features and standards.
- Advocate to platform teams on behalf of the product teams.
- Identify and fill gaps on our standards and practices governing the full lifecycle of software development.
- Develop tooling and processes to relieve operational toil.
- Create documentation and examples in various languages.
- Provide platform support to developers in order to relieve the burden on platform teams.
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call support rotation
Desired Skills/ Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- At least 5 years of industry experience.
- A strong operational mindset.
- A good understanding of development lifecycle and best practices including CI/CD, unit and integration test, instrumentation, documentation, release management, etc
- Strong technical communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with cloud services, container orchestration, and configuration management, particularly AWS, Kubernetes, and Terraform.
- Programming experience in Python, Java, or/and Node
- Full stack experience