Security Engineer - IV
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
As a Cloud Security Operations Technical Engineer, you will be a key contributor to information security programs, solve problems and manage cross-functional relationships across multiple internal programs aimed at container security and compliance of cloud programs to our Client's security policies, industry standards, and government regulations. You will identify and mitigate security risks across container deployments, identify and mitigate security risks, and develop tools to assist teams. In addition, you will research, test and implement container security controls; perform multi-cloud platform attestations; ensure solutions are aligned with department and corporate policies; and balance security requirements in conjunction with users dynamic needs and company values. In this role you will gain valuable experience and insight in protecting container environments and will be at the heart of guarding our application and data against advanced threats.
We are seeking an individual with a passion and excitement for micro-service based applications, containers, and the willingness to learn and build security skills and in a fast-paced dynamic environment. Are you up for the challenge?
- Work closely and collaboratively with infrastructure and development teams, to drive cloud security initiatives
- Build & maintain security solutions integrated into CI/CD Jenkins pipeline
- Administer container-aware monitoring tools/solutions
- Manage addition/deletion of cloud accounts, ensuring continuous monitoring
- User administration
- Signature management and tuning
- Assist customers with solution integration features
- Produce reports, scorecards and related metrics
- Develop tools to assist in container security automation
- Drive strategic automation of container-aware monitoring tools/solutions to detect and prevent risks
- Keep stakeholders updated with communications and weekly reporting
- Drive mitigation of reported risks from container-aware monitoring tools/solutions
- Track and report on the status of cloud container security risks to corporate/industry requirements.
- Assist in the implementation of a formalized information security awareness offerings
Desired Skills/ Experience
- Bachelors Degree
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- AWS Associate or Professional certification or a willingness to obtain within 6 months.
- Public cloud experience (Azure or AWS or GCP, etc)
- Experience in: building micro-service based applications via images/containers, container orchestration (i.e. Kubernetes, Docker Swarm), container runtime (i.e. Docker, Rocket)
- Familiarity with hosted container services (i.e. AWS: EKS, ECS, Fargate, GCP: GKE, Azure: AKS)
- Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployments using Jenkins
- Proficient with Source Control Management tools such as Git (Gitlab/Github)
- Image lifecycle management - Artifactory
- Scripting Python, UNIX Shell Scripting
- Linux and/or UNIX
- Interpersonal Skills
- Possesses customer centric attitude
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts
- Performance oriented, self-directed ability to drive change & manage multiple projects
- Fast learner, capable of rapidly assimilating to existing processes and technologies