OSP Engineer - II
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
This individual is a Telecommunications Professional and must be capable of engineering routine and specific outside plant work orders, both distribution and feeder. Must be capable of providing administrative and field support to the outside plant work forces with OSP construction knowledge necessary for inspection of the physical work product.
- Responsible for managing all engineering and construction activities associated with expanding and maintaining the OSP network infrastructure. Familiar with engineering and operational requirements of maintenance and fiber relocation efforts.
- Leads large scale projects, driving productivity through use of vendor resources to meet deliverables.
- Engages appropriate internal and external organizations with professional written/verbal communications to accomplish required tasks.
- Coordinates project activities with contractors, developers, municipalities and consultants.
- Proposes solutions supported by sound engineering and operational productivity to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
- Recognizes vulnerabilities in network infrastructure and makes intelligent decisions to ensure reliability - within financial constraints.
- Prepares detailed cost analysis, project specifications, spend forecasts, route mapping, requisitions, and business justifications.
- Validates as-built and project closeout documentation to confirm any red-line changes have been incorporated into the final design and that all project completion requirements are met.
- Validates, in conjunction with local engineering, that invoiced unit quantities align with construction activities in the field.
- Processes reports, vendor invoices, material receipts, and other administrative duties.
- Receives general instruction, otherwise performs independently with minimal supervision, exercising latitude to achieve daily objectives and approaches to critical/complex assignments.
- Multi-tasks to effectively manage a wide range of simultaneous activities often interrupted by other demands.
Desired Skills/ Experience:
- Strong leadership and project management skills
- Excellent oral, written, and listening skills, capable of interacting with customers and co-workers at most levels including executives
- Detail oriented, well organized, and effective in multi-tasking
- Capable of working independently to achieve deliverables and resolve urgent/complex issues.
- Ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Strong vendor management and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of fiber optic engineering principles within OSP job related functional area to include general practices, procedures and industry standards.
- Detailed knowledge of construction work print interpretation and municipal permit application review.
- Strong Computer Skills (Databases, Processes, and Administrative) - Comprehensive knowledge and skill for more complex applications to include Word, Excel, Visio, AutoCAD, Microstation, ArcGIS/ESRI, 3GIS, Google Earth, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of FTTx network design/implementation and well as GPON architecture preferred.
- Knowledge of the network plant and local practices.
- Working knowledge of right-of-way, property rights, and permit acquisition.
- Inside Plant knowledge is a plus
- Desire candidate with Engineering degree and/or 3+ years of related experience in telecommunications.