Software Development Engineer II
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Software Development Engineer
We are looking for someone to provide support of applications software through programming, analysis, design, development and delivery of software solutions. This person will research alternative technical solutions for changing business needs.
- Responsible for programming, testing, implementation, documentation, maintenance and support of systems application software in adherence with our Client's standards, processes and best practices.
- Develop high quality, secure, scalable software solutions based on technical requirements specifications and design artifacts within expected time and budget.
- Research, create and evaluate technical solution alternatives for the business needs current and upcoming technologies and frameworks.
- Perform feasibility studies, logic designs, detailed systems flowcharting, analysis of input-output flow, cost and time analysis.
- Work with project team to meet scheduled due dates, while identifying emerging issues and recommending solutions for problems and independently perform assigned tasks, perform production incident management. Participate in on-call pager support rotation.
- Document software programs per Software Development Best Practices. Follow Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes.
- Assist Senior Team members in modification of the documentation templates per the needs of the project and technology.
- Contribute ideas to help ensure that required standards and processes are in place and actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency.
- Support collection and reporting of project and software metrics.
Desired Skills/ Experience:
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies is required.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in software engineering field.
- Must be high-energy, detail-oriented and proactive with the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment.
- Must provide the necessary skills to have a high degree of initiative and self-motivation with a willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities.
- Strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – with strong relationship, collaborative skills and organizational skills.
- Ability to work as a member of matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Management Information Systems or equivalent work experience.