Network Consulting Engineer - II
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Network Consulting Engineer
Takes on several components of a project or a complex component of a project. Utilizes specialized knowledge to complete non-routine tasks. Troubleshoots problems and recommends appropriate action. Incumbent handles most problems and issues independently and determines course of action for ambiguous issues. Normally receives minimal instructions on non-routine work assignments and only general instructions on new or more complex assignments. Decisions are made independently. Assigned multiple projects are generally reviewed after completion. Contact is typically coordinative in nature and involves exchanging detailed technical information. May deal with both internal and external contacts. Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of engineering principles, of job-related functional area, of telecommunications technology and the business. B.S. degree in technical area.
This position requires travel - approximately 25-50% domestic and possible international travel. The engineer will visit a location, evaluate the facilities for a LAN overhaul/upgrade. The position will require the engineer to examine not only the equipment to be upgraded but will also look at the facilities, rack layout, electrical and cabling. Data Center, Plant, or Office Staging experience preferred. The engineer will then put a plan together based on standards and will help get equipment staged. After the equipment is shipped and received onsite, the engineer will return for the cutover during an approved maintenance window.
Desired Skills/ Experience:
- Strong LAN and hands on Cisco CLI network configuration experience.
- Advanced Cisco Switch Experience
- Cisco Switches, 9300 Series, 9500 Series, 3560, 3850 Platforms
- Virtual Switch Stacking Technologies Required
- Working knowledge of various POE (Power-over-Ethernet) standards
- Intermediate - Cisco Enterprise Wifi Platform Experience - 9800, 5500, 3500, etc.
- Cisco WAP Aironnet Indoor and Outdoor Series - 3800, 2800, 1570, 1560 Series
- Cisco Meraki Series - MX64, MX65, MX67, MX68
- Background in Data Center facilities, plant/warehouse management or other similar experience - all from a network support perspective.
- Documentation Skills - Word, Excel, Visio, etc.
- Team collaboration and strong customer facing skills. Ability to think quick, adjust plans and provide direction.
- SD-WAN Experience Preferred as well (Viptela, Versa, etc.
- Solid facilities, cabling background. Ideal candidate has performed similar work and has troubleshooting experience at these levels
- Ability to troubleshoot Layer 1-3 issues such as fiber and copper cabling, electrical issues
- Able to lead and provide direction to other technicians, team members
- Cisco CCNP Certification Preferred
- Cisco CCNA Certificatio
- CCNA Wireless or equivalen
- Valid Passport
- 3-7 years of experience