Sr. Tax Accountant
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Sr. Tax Accountant
Responsible for supporting audits, planning and controls by scheduling, monitoring and presenting data under the direction and supervision of the Audit Director. Support all state/local initiated transaction tax audits and sales/use tax refund claims.
- Support sales tax audits by scheduling, monitoring and presenting data under the direction and supervision of the Audit Director.
- Assist with scheduling and facilitating auditor fieldwork and document retrieval in legacy and current ERP systems.
- Recommends audit policies, procedures, documentation and controls.
- Supports all state/local initiated transaction tax audits and sales/use tax refund claims.
- Supports protests and appeals of audit deficiencies.
- Assists with communication with Field and Corporate management concerning resolution of audit issues and deficiencies.
- Researches factual and legal analysis of audit issues and exposures; Makes initial determinations and recommendations for the resolution of audit issues.
- Perform other duties as required
Desired Skills/ Experience
- Skills / Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheet, etc.); including advanced Excel and/or Access and ERP systems such as PeopleSoft, Vertex and JDE.
- Ability to research and resolve technical tax issues
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Proven interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Ability to effectively perform as part of a team committed to common objectives
- Ability to adapt to unexpected or changing conditions and help others deal effectively with new situations
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to stay focused and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Bachelors degree in Accounting with CPA
- 3-5 Years Experience is sales/use tax representing corporate taxpayers