KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Design test plans to completely test functionality according to requirement documents, design documents, problem reports or other applicable sources. Manually test the system to determine if the features were implemented according to plan. Verify that system performs satisfactorily based on performance guidelines. Log errors and ensure problems are fixed. Interact with managers, business analysts, users, designers and developers to ensure thorough understanding of system features. Create test scripts to automate regression testing and initiate automatic regression test on a daily basis. Use test manager tools to manage the testing process and report statistics.
- Support implementation of automated testing processes for application, performance, load, user-interface, object, regression and data quality
- Develop and manage effective automation test strategies and test plans for existing and new application functionality.
- Work with various teams to create, enhance and maintain the Automation Framework.
- Ensure that automation tool development demonstrates efficiency, maintainability, and reusability.
- Track, verify and approve corrected application software defects
- Ensure the Change Management process is adhered to for the recording and resolution of application defects
- Approve application software builds for release to various development and production environments
- Research and recommend appropriate testing tools for use with the QA team and to developers
- Remain current on best practices in the Quality Assurance industry
- Report progress to RTP’s Executive Director, Client Services
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Perform other projects/duties as assigned
Desired Skills/ Experience
- Basic Word and Intermediate Excel skills
- Ability to translate business needs and problems into system specifications and provide technical and business solutions.
- Strong background with the Agile Methodology
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively work with subject matter experts as well as technical Information Technology professionals.
- Ability to work both as a team member and independently.
- Advanced oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Advanced project management skills
- Advanced negotiation skills with ability to obtain most favorable and cost effective solutions.
- Broad business and finance related knowledge.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related degree, or equivalent experience
- 5-8 years of quality assurance and testing of IT web-based software projects
- Working knowledge of testing automation products
- 2+ years using an Automation Tool
- Experience with automation testing tools (e.g. Selenium, QTP, UFT, GEB/Fitnesse)
- Experience with developing and maintaining Automation Scripts and Automation Frameworks
- Knowledge of Java programming