Voice Infrastructure Developer
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Voice Infrastructure Developer
This position involves application software development and integration of VoIP communication features with a carrier grade SIP voice network. Principal responsibilities involve architecture, design and development of enterprise and contact center applications leveraging RTC, SIPREC and other media streams. Our organization has a cloud first stance and development of a full telephony SaaS ecosystem is a priority. As a Voice Infrastructure Developer, you will be responsible for all elements of the SDLC including all integration elements, data models, APIs and SDKs.
- Works as a member of a team developing software solutions in a voice infrastructure
- Integration and extension of H323 and SIP communications protocol software
- Develop code in the media plane working directly with protocols such as RTP, SRTP and SRTP/DTLS
- Participate in the design, implementation and testing of software product.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Handles more advanced technical problems and create solutions that solve business problems
- Independently solves technical issues and able to collaborate and contribute ideas
- Integrates enterprise components (e.g., reference data, security, messaging) to build larger systems
- Fully analyzes problems, design, develop and test the code
- Collaborates with multiple teams including engineering, development and operations teams
Desired Skills/ Experience
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field or equivalent experience
- 2 years’ experience in developing telecommunications software, related to H323 and SIP.
- Experience developing applications in a VoIP infrastructure
- Internals of distributed Operating System (Unix/Linux, Windows)
- Knowledge of call recording platforms
- Hands-on experience with session border controllers (Sonus/Ribbon preferred)
- Understanding of VoIP transport such as H.323, SIP, call admission and control mechanisms, network policy enforcement, integration of applications to a SIP and session management network
- Knowledge and experience of the following protocols and platforms: SIP, WebRTC, SIPREC, SDP, RTP, gRPC, REST APIs, Linux
- Experience in large scale software development in three or more of the programming languages C++, Java/SIP, Photon, GKP, Springboot, Jules
- Experience with the gStreamer framework, c/glib/Gobject, multi-threading, socket programming on UNIX
- Experience with SIPREC, SDP and developing SBC interfaces
- Experience in system and software security and entitlements (SSO, windows, Kerberos, LDAP, Windows AD)
- Modern compute technologies (e.g., virtualization, cloud)
- Familiar with Agile development process and automated testing
- Experience working across large infrastructure environments and distributed across multiple data centers
- Experience in end-to-end systems automation and orchestration
- Experience in Systems and Application monitoring systems and instrumentation
- Proficient in multiple business disciplines/functions strategic directions through technology
- Develops mindset for risk and control compliance to departmental and company- wide standards
- Works within standards of financial control and budget management
- Executes within a client centric environment when working with teams and contributors