Software Engineer 3
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team
The main function of a software engineer is to apply the principles of computer science and mathematical analysis to the design, development, testing, and evaluation of the software and systems that make computers work. A typical software engineer researches, designs, develops and tests operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software for medical, industrial, military, communications, aerospace, business, scientific and general computing applications.
- Modify existing databases and database management systems.
- Write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system or direct others in coding descriptions.
- Work as part of a project team to coordinate database development and determine project scope and limitations.
- Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project.
Desired Skills/ Expereince
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Basic ability to work independently and manage ones time.
- Basic knowledge of the full software development lifecycle: from business/systems analysis, through requirements gathering and functional specification authoring, to development, testing and delivery.
- Basic ability to troubleshoot issues and make system changes as needed to resolve issue.
- Basic knowledge of computer hardware and software.
- Coding in Java and python script (or other types of script language)
- Good working knowledge of AWS (preferable has AWS professional certification), Database (SQL, Hbase, MySql, RDS).
- Knowledge of Iaas (infrastructure as a Service) ideal
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant field required.
- 2-4 years experience required.