Application Development Specialist
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Primarily works with clients, business unit representatives, and within other functional areas. Collaborates with other team members delivering IT solutions.
Can lead and mentor more junior talent.
Follows established software development methodology to develop code on new software and enhancements on existing software. Works effectively with client team members and executes projects according to established business process. Interacts directly with client and actively participates in client meetings. Actively solicits feedback from clients on completed projects; manages to and communicates customer expectations.
Provides functional and concise information to management and team in the design, development, and implementation of business applications. Assists in problem-solving sessions with associates, clients, and support staff in order to generate process improvements, product solutions, and roadmaps. Serves as the subject matter expert for assigned applications.
Provides concise information in response to client inquiries. Works effectively with client team members, is sensitive to the client's environment, gains respect of the client team, and is responsive to client requests. Heavy interaction with the client thorough the project life cycle. May involve presentations to the client on complex systems.
Maintains current knowledge of software and application industry options. Recommends, identifies, and implements improvements in software platforms and application designs.
Mentor less experienced developers. Able to build new skill sets based on assignments.
1. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
2. 4-7 years of experience within a technology related field and 3-5 years of related experience in software development.
3. Experience with software engineering methodologies such as, RUP or ISO, Agile, CMM/SEI.
4. Experience with a wide range of technologies such as ASP.NET, Java, C Sharp, HTML5, along with database technologies such as SQL Server line of RDBMS products and Oracle.
5. Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge of technical and business-related concepts.
6. Demonstrated ability to work independently and in team environments.
7. Strong communication and presentation skills.