KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
The Cloud Engineer is responsible for our Client's use of cloud technologies to deliver our next generation products and play a vital role in the modernization of our legacy products to scalable cloud-based solutions. This position will be pivotal in defining and executing our cloud adoption strategy via the participation in planning and design, deployment, testing, and cutover of enterprise-sale cloud IaaS and PaaS solution. The Cloud Engineer will be a technical expert on both cloud and on-premises infrastructure systems and will apply technical expertise in Microsoft Azure and other cloud technologies.
- Architect, design, build, implement, and deliver scalable public cloud solutions with a focus on mapping across IaaS and PaaS.
- Design cloud solutions to meet technical, security, and business needs.
- Execute on implementation plans to deploy and move workloads to cloud infrastructure.
- Provide guidance to software engineers on the proper use of cloud technologies for code refactorization and application modernization.
- Partner with the Automation Engineer to develop and leverage automation where possible to achieve reliable and repeatable processes ensuring efficiency
- Engage with internal and external security teams to meet all applicable security and regulatory requirements.
- Design post-implementation maintenance strategies, processes, and procedures so that the cloud environment can be maintained by the operations and infrastructure teams.
- Maintain documentation for the purposes of business continuity, supportability, and regulatory compliance.
- Partner with other members of the Infrastructure team to ensure on-going support of the existing on-premise environment and identify opportunities to leverage the cloud to improve reliability, resiliency, and system performance.
- Collaborate with the software engineering team to design best practice cloud solutions that meets product, engineering, and business objectives.
- Engage in continual evaluation of external technologies to find opportunities to gain or introduce a competitive advantage into our processes.
Desired Skills/ Experience
- Customer Service skills
- Functional Knowledge and Technical Skills - Skilled in job-specific knowledge that is necessary to provide the appropriate quantity and quality of work in a timely and efficient manner.
- Accountability - Work behaviors demonstrate responsible personal and professional conduct, which contributes to the overall goals and objectives
- Interpersonal Relations (Teamwork) - Interacts effectively with others to establish and maintain smooth working relations.
- Fostering Innovation – Developing, sponsoring, or supporting the introduction of new and improved methods, products, procedures, or technologies.
- Flexibility – Openness to different and new ways of doing things; willingness to modify one’s preferred way of doing things.
- Oral Communication – Communicating ideas and information verbally to ensure that information and messages are understood and have the desired impact.
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant engineering experience in architecting, designing, building, and implementation of cloud-based solutions – preferably in Microsoft Azure. This includes web, application, and database components.
- Expertise in moving on-premise workloads into PaaS based cloud solutions via the analysis, identification of blockers that prevent application efficiency in the cloud, and solutioning/implementation of remediation(s) to ensure the application performs properly in the cloud.
- Advanced to expert level knowledge on enterprise infrastructure solutions such as Active Directory, IIS, Windows OS, Linux, open source databases and on-premise hosting platforms such as Nutanix, storage, databases, and networking.
- Experience in defining and communicating solution options while considering risks, costs, impacts, and business objectives.
- Advanced to expert level knowledge of scripting languages such as Powershell
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of containerization, Infrastructure as Code (IaC)/configuration management systems such as Terraform.
- Passionate about technology and has a desire to constantly expand technical knowledge
- Demonstrate sound problem-solving skills coupled with a desire to take on responsibility
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, teamwork, and ability to mentor others.
- Perform duties as directed using outlined procedures and processes to solve problems when necessary
- Complete assignments as directed
- Maintain visual attention and mental concentration for extended periods of time
- Perform duties and make decisions under frequent time pressures
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Cloud Professional Exam Certificate(s) such as Azure Solutions Architect Expert
- Preferred certification(s) for on-premise technologies such as MCSE, CCNA,
- Requires knowledge of Microsoft Office.