Remote Application (Scala) Developer ? Senior
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Remote Application (Scala) Developer – Senior
We are looking for a Senior Technical Data Engineer/Application Developer to join our team to help build global business focused APIs that incorporate data sourced from RDBMS, streaming, API, and 3rd party supplied files. You will be working with several teams to source data and business rules and developing APIs hosted in AWS native services and CloudFoundry/Fargate to deliver refined data sets that standardize identifiers, codes, business logic and data schemas across multiple lines of business. You will also be responsible in maintaining existing applications, enhancing our infrastructure and solving the challenging problems that come across.
The candidate should demonstrate passion and ownership by embracing all aspects of software development: analysis, development, testing and deployment. Our ideal candidate takes pride in software craftsmanship, is curious, proactive, ego-less and collaborative. He/she must be able to think through hard problems and work with an autonomous team to make them reality. We expect developers to challenge the status quo and bring new ideas.
You must be proficient in modern API development practices and common deployment patterns using mostly open source toolsets and cloud technologies such as AWS, Jenkins, Docker, CloudFoundry/Fargate, Scala Akka, Play. Prior experience with designing JSON and/or AVRO data schemas is required.
We are a cloud first organization and will require general fluency in writing efficient SQL queries, basic understanding of SQL performance tuning, and experience with translating relational data models into JSON/AVRO schema objects.
Desired Skills/ Experience
- Strong experience in Scala
- Building Microservices/REST APIs using Scala libraries/frameworks like Akka Http/Play
- Experience working with JSON/AVRO schema
- Strong experience in building Kafka Producer and Consumer applications
- Experience with one of RDBMS systems
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline and related tools like Jenkins, Docker
- Experience with at least one cloud technology like AWS, Azure, Google Cloud(AWS preferred)
- Experience in working with Elasticsearch or similar document store
- Strong Java experience is a big plus
- Experience with Kafka/Kafka Connect is a huge plus
- Experience in using oAuth
- Experience in writing test cases or TDD
- Setting technical direction, patterns, and coding standards
- Good understanding of logging and alerting; tools like Splunk, Datadog
- Requires a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 5-10 years professional experience in related area.