NOC Analyst - 2nd Shift
The NOC analyst supports the organization and the associated business units by providing tiered support for monitoring the entirety of the company's Information Technology infrastructure, as well as supporting service delivery applications and deployments. They possess the ability to assess a situation and determine the tactical steps forward, implementing a strategic plan.
Scope: Analysts attend to daily operations and concurrently plan, support, and manage a variety of tasks. They possess and apply a broad knowledge of technical and business-related concepts as well as the ability to communicate with support professionals and customers. Analysts must possess exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills and exceptional communication skills.
Monitor infrastructure (servers, network, applications, etc.) utilizing SolarWinds and Network Node Manager for faults or performance problems. Perform triage and escalate issues to support teams. Provide information to support teams as needed to resolve issues. Troubleshoot issues as they arise and escalate as needed. Configure monitoring tools to provide availability and performance metrics.
Manage automation jobs via cross-platform scheduling software (Zena, JAMS, SureSync). Thoroughly document all incidents and requests in the ticketing system. Ability to create and maintain department knowledge base documents and procedures. Intelligently troubleshoot server, network, firewall, and enterprise automation/file transfer issues.
Communicate in a courteous and professional manner, supplying the appropriate information. Manage and facilitate bridge lines during outage situations. Document all issues in the ServiceNow ticketing system. Excellent communications to all levels of the organization from technical engineers to senior leadership.
• 2-4 years' experience in a network or similar operations center environment, or general infrastructure support experience, preferably with at least one-year providing direct customer support.
• Monitoring experience to include setting up monitors, preferably in SolarWinds.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team.
• Ability to analyze and intelligently troubleshoot issues.
• Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new technologies and processes.
• Windows Server experience. Linux Server experience. VMware experience.
• Understanding of network fundamentals. Network and server monitoring experience. General exposure to scripting languages, i.e. PowerShell, Python (preferred). Cisco experience with routers, switches, and firewalls (preferred).
• Help design, implement, troubleshoot, analyze, and maintain the IT infrastructure, including network connectivity and utilization, server administration, backup and restore.
The hours of coverage for 2nd shift are as follows: 4 PM – 12 AM. The person will start on first shift to receive training for two weeks, then move to 2nd shift. The shift will fluctuate between days but can include weekends; i.e., Wednesday to Sunday, or Sunday to Thursday or some combination of days, including holidays.