Purchasing / Contract Professional - IV
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Purchasing / Contract Professional
Our client's Supply Chain Services are transforming and expanding the Global Strategic Sourcing Group and seeks dynamic Sourcing Professionals with strong experience in Sourcing, supplier negotiations, data gathering and analysis, and managing client and supplier relationships.
This Category Sourcing Expert (CSE) position will play a lead role in supporting Our client cost savings and revenue generation business goals through the sourcing process for Our Client Corporate Services spend and includes but not limited to Workforce Solutions program (Temp staffing), Recruiting, HR Services, Consulting Services, Business Process Outsourcing, and Financial Services.
- Drives all aspects of complex strategic sourcing process including but not limited to taking the lead on creation of supplier contracts, contract negotiations of business and pricing terms and conditions, facilitating RFPs, and working with the internal business partners to develop negotiations strategies, objectives and plans.
- Leads various Cross Functional Teams (CFTs) to develop requirements and to reach consensus on supplier selections. This includes drafting necessary language to translate business needs into specific requirements for contract-related documents, e.g. Statements of Work (SOW), Letters of Authorization (LOAs), Requests for Proposals (RFPs), etc. This also includes leading the CFT to reach consensus, meet milestones and complete contracting by business partner required dates.
- Manages supplier relationships, effectively maintaining positive and ethical working relationships.
- Supplier rationalization - leverages existing supplier base to appropriately consolidate services.
- Earns the business partners respect and serves as a Trusted Advisor. Plans and proposes sourcing strategies that best support the business. Collaborates closely with key business partners to understand their priorities and challenges; assess their needs on an ongoing basis; and manage their expectations.
Desired Skill/ Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business , Supply Chain or HR organization
- 6+ years of demonstrated academic and/or professional leadership experience in the following:
- o Experience with competitive bids and RFPs as well as direct negotiations
- o Knowledge of Strategic Sourcing processes, policies, and procedures
- o Experience in contract negotiations to include business, price and technical terms
- o Experience in drafting contract documents required for the establishment of business content elements, e.g. SOWs, LOAs, etc.
- Experience developing resolutions to complex problems that require the frequent use of creativity and flexibility.
- Project Management in complex multi-project and multi-geography environment
- Working knowledge of Sourcing Best Practices
- Strong interpersonal and client service skills
- Strong team leadership skills
- Strong analytical skills. Experience in data analysis and supplier assessment
- Self-motivated /self-starter with ability to work independently
- Strong oral and written communication skills with experience in influencing others
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM)
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) from the Institute of Supply Chain Management (ISM)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) from the Project Management Institute
- Juris Doctorate, Masters, or equivalent advanced degree
- Certifications from the National Contract Management Association (NCMA)
- Certified Commercial Contracts Manager (CCCM)
- Certified Professional Contracts Manager (CPCM)
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.