KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Job Title: Senior Copywriter
Riverwood, IL 60015
- The Copywriter role within the Brand Creative Group is expected to bring an open mind, flexible work style and enthusiasm for creative problem solving.
- As the company’s in-house creative team, the Brand Creative Group supports work that is conducted across the company. Composed of copywriters, art directors, designers and account people, members of the Brand Creative Group work in a pooled model, which requires individuals to work with numerous different partners at any given time, and to support myriad business lines and products across the company.
- This individual must be adaptable, organized, enthusiastic, collaborative, and able to leverage excellent technical skills and proficiency learning new brand voice and product details to an ever-changing project list.
This individual must be able to:
- Quickly learn business lines, product details, and legal or channel parameters to produce effective copy for the ask
- Produce technically accurate copy that adheres to brand tone and standards
- Know how to work with a creative brief and strategy deck
- Work on tight timelines, both with and without a complete creative brief
- Operate in a collaborative agile model to craft copy and creative
- Achieve expectations with minimal day-to-day managerial oversight and a high degree of accountability
- Consistent upward communication to inform and engage manager of work on regular basis
- Ability to identify, or seek support in identifying, appropriate actions in response to processes, projects, and problems
- Effectively problem solve with creative and account partners to address challenges or gaps
- Follow processes and use appropriate software to effectively manage projects and communicate with team members
- Engage with clients (business partners) in kick off, presentation, and review meetings
- Navigate changing asks, priorities and timelines with grace and as a team player
This individual may write for the following channels:
- Site marketing (public and private side experiences)
- Direct response (print)
- Digital banners
- This person should have at least 7 years of professional copywriting experience in a B2C environment.
- Portfolio samples that demonstrate successful messaging that is tailored to audience and channel--including email, display, social, direct mail, and websites--is required.
- Especially relevant is a background in highly-regulated industries (finance, pharmaceutical), ability to effectively learn and apply brand guidelines to create brand-right messaging, and a dedication collaborative, deadline-driven outcomes.
- Familiarity with in-house agency dynamics as relates to client relationship is a plus but not a requirement.
- Ability to quickly learn project management systems and follow new processes is a must.