Senior UX Designer
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Senior UX Designer
Job Summary: This position may be for you if, you’re a natural problem solver who loves a good challenge. You’re instinctively curious, driven to go the extra mile to better understand users’ needs and wants. You always come to the table with more than one idea, and thoughtfully explore different directions and how they impact the user’s experience. You can articulate design choices and strategy in a way that’s easily understood by team members and stakeholders from different global organizations.
• Participate in design sprints, design workshops, and design thinking exercises to produce and refine ideas for solving some of the business’s most complex challenges.
• Contribute to strategic decisions with the rest of the product and business teams.
• Design task flows and user interfaces that are simple, intuitive, and elegant.
• Provide and solicit feedback from other designers to continuously improve product quality and consistency.
• Partner with researchers on the Product Design team as well as Product Managers and Developers to oversee the user experience from concept through launch.
• Encourage and uphold high standards for our product experiences.
• Serve as an evangelist for good design within our organization as well as in the broader design community.
• Ability to articulate ideas and effectively communicate them to others
• Experience working as part of a collaborative, fast-paced team
• Experience designing digital tools, applications, or software
• An online portfolio of work demonstrating strong interaction design and prototyping skills
• 7+ years of application design experience
• 7+ years of visual design experience
• 7+ years of interaction design experience
• 7+ years of experience with product design software (mastery of Sketch strongly preferred)
• Understanding of and passion for human-centered design and its application
• Understanding of atomic design principles and their application
• Experience working with and contributing to design systems
• Experience with front-end programming