Riverwoods - HQ (2500 LAKE COOK ROAD, RIVERWOODS, IL 60015)
Duration: ASAP - 6/14/2021
What You’ll Do
As part of our API Management technology domain, you’ll:
- Partner with others in the Agile space (Senior Scrum Masters, Release Train Engineers and Agile Coaches) to drive technology-focused teams towards achieving Agile principles. Your influence will help achieve various milestones as well as objectives
- Leverage your development skills to the highest capacity to help drive key initiatives and projects and shape our business and technology outcomes to meet customer and partner needs.
- Create and break down product/platform efforts into successful execution-ready plans.
- Contribute to the developer experience by leveraging the latest technologies in the industry to enhance current solution patterns and define new ones.
How You’ll Do It
- Facilitate team activities including daily stand-up meetings, grooming, sprint planning, demonstrations, release planning and team retrospectives.
- Follow and promote Agile methodology and related scrum ceremonies within a cross-functional Agile team.
- Coach the team to own and continually improve their process and practices.
- Manage sprint release deliverables and proactively identify and resolve impediments to help the team work effectively, meet sprint objectives and ensure releases stay on track.
- Update sprint activities in Agile planning and execution tracking tool.
- Communicate Agile team's progress, dependencies, and impediments.
- Participate in program increment (PI) planning events.
- Identify, communicate and resolve dependencies between Agile teams.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business administration, or related engineering field
- 4+ years of experience in Agile, Scrum, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in Agile, Scrum, Software Engineering or related field
- Hands on technical expertise in past in software engineering.
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time.
Bonus Points If You Have:
- SAFe Scrum Master Certification.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with software developers, architects, business owners, and senior business leaders.
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet timelines with optimal solutions.
- Ability to roll up sleeves and operate as an individual contributor to get the job done; at the same time, be able to guide a team toward an objective.
- Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders and key partners for the program.
- Strong judgment, especially relevant in balancing long term strategic investments with near term business goals.