Visual Space Planner
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Visual Space Planner
Job Summary: The primary purpose of this role is to deliver on the the approved Merchandising presentation intent. This position draws merchandise floor plans which provides the scale, scope, and plan for a multitude of projects.
- Produces floor plans to enable merchandising initiatives aiding in the optimization of store space to achieve desired financial results.
- Executes the physical design of the space, ensuring that the vision outlined in the floor plan is brought to reality and that it aligns with merchandising and brand standards.
- Makes recommendations to the Merchandising team as to how to deliver on the design needs, staying within the parameters of scope, strategy, and intent.
- Outlines the details of the execution plan, drafts a production hand-off document, and creates visual aids for the support of projects.
- Supports the development of in-bay product presentation that enhances the customer's shopping experience, while maintaining effective store operational requirements.
- Prepares all project planning materials for the Store Environment Merchandising and Space Planning partners to enable deliverables, keeping in line with timeline and budget.
- Collaborates with Merchandising, Logistics, Loss Prevention, Marketing and other internal teams to translate merchandising strategy into executable store design.
- Maintains accurate spatial information for each store.
- Provides cost estimate templates, non-retail item matrix, visual intent packet, planogram hand off document and deployment package for each project.
Required Skills/ Experience:
- 1-2+ years' experience in retail store planning and design (may be a combination of visual merchandising, store planning, planogramming, real estate and facilities planning, or store environment experiences)
- Design Skills (AutoCAD, JDA Floor Planning)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred) in Business, Architecture, Interior Design, Retail Management, Marketing, or related field