Excel Data Analyst
Description of project:
Our client is seeking a qualified Data Analyst to create a robust and sustainable replacement budgeting tool. The consultant will develop a new Excel-based tool to provide budget forecasting and resource allocation estimates based on a number of variables related to clinical data management, lab data management, and statistical analysis, including the support services required to facilitate the targeted studies and protocols.
- Serve as Project Manager for completing the targeted scope of work, including developing and sharing with the Managing Director a work plan, weekly status updates, catalog of meeting notes, issue log, and any other relevant project management communication tools
- Define configuration specifications and develop comprehensive business requirements for the new iteration of the Excel tool
- Partner with key stakeholders across the organization to ensure unit and team priorities are identified and integrated, as appropriate
- Develop a robust tool that meets multiple use cases to address the various services this team provides to a given protocol (e.g. full statistical data management and analysis, lab data management only, statistical analysis only, etc.)
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- In collaboration with the Program and Portfolio Management team develop test cases that align with the real-world scenarios and use cases
- Develop training documentation to support the use and maintenance of the tool
- Communicate key insights and findings to project team
Skills, Education and Experience:
- Microsoft certification in Excel
- Previous experience as a Business/Systems Analysis and/or Quality Assurance
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, economics, computer science, management information systems, or related field or equivalent related experience
- Proven experience in interpreting and validating requirements
- Experience in analyzing data to draw business-relevant conclusions through the use of data visualization techniques and tools
- Demonstrated knowledge in generating process documentation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including technical writing skills
- Able to manage timelines, schedules and to prioritize tasks independently and work within a team environment.
- Strong organizational, negotiation, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail required.
- Proficient with MS Office suite and EndNote
- Five+ years data analyst or related experience, including proficiency with analytical software or equivalent related education
- Proficiency in statistics, data analysis, and research methods
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in adaptability, decision making, customer service, interpersonal relations, oral communication, problem solving, project management, quality management, teamwork, written communication, group presentations, group process facilitation, influence, results orientation, strategic thinking, and team building
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in word processing, spreadsheet, and database PC applications
- Self-managing with experience meeting deadlines, solving problems, and keeping projects on track.