Systems Analysis Advisor
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Systems Analysis Advisor
Job Summary: System Analyst will provide expert content/professional thought process on complex application development assignments/projects. They will exercise considerable creativity, foresight, and judgment in conceiving, planning, and maturing product deliverables. They will use deep product knowledge and acumen to advise technical and functional leaders. They will provide thought leadership within Systems Analysis but work on broader projects, which require an understanding of wider business. Recognized internally as a subject matter expert.
- Analyze designs and prepares application/system specifications for information systems solutions which address business needs and methods for testing and installing them.
- Formulates and defines system scope and objectives based on user-defined needs.
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
- Prepares detailed specifications, mapping specifications, business flow diagrams, gap analysis documentation from which system configuration will be done.
- Analyzes and revises existing system logic and documentation as necessary.
- Works with IT and business management to identify and specify the complex business requirements and processes, and in the application design, testing and implementation process.
- Coordinates the activities with other IT sections (e.g. engineering team and architects).
- Responsible for writing test scenarios, test scripts, and testing if needed.
- Seeks out, includes, analyzes and documents business and user needs and requirements, and translates into proper system requirement specifications.
- Functions as subject matter expert for industry and system-related issues.
- Possesses full knowledge of phases of systems analysis as relates to configuration, but also considers the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
- Hands-on experience writing database queries, No-SQL databases, preparing JSON/XML samples for affinity partners, modifying XML/JSON schema's and author/publish business rules using drools.
- Knowledge of utilizing API clients such as Postman or SoapUI to run/analyze APIs. Responsible for writing basic rest API specifications if needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- At least five years of solid, diverse work experience in IT. Health insurance delivery, claims processing, enrollment processing or premium billing desirable.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to collaborate with a team of Product Owners, Product Managers, Engineers and Architects to convert business requirements into technical specifications.
- Adaptable and flexible to business demands.
- Extensive problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience working in a SAFe agile work environment.