Technical Support Representative
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Technical Support Representative
- Delivers straightforward administrative and/or other basic business services in IT Support.
- Helps configure, install, maintain and upgrade computer systems hardware and software.
- Performs set tasks to provide operational support for the organization's information systems and peripheral equipment such as application servers, database servers, web servers, desktops, printers and storage devices. Issues tend to be routine in nature.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Technical Support and business/operating processes and procedures.
- Works to clearly defined procedures under close supervision.
- Receives telephone calls from users having problems using computer software and/or hardware or inquiring how to use specific software, hardware, or operating systems.
- Serves as single point of contact to end users for information technology-related issues, problems, and requests
- Determines root cause and provides accurate, creative, and timely solutions from basic-to-intermediate software and systems problems to ensure end-user productivity.
- Provide a second level of hardware troubleshooting, repair, and installation on specified product lines to end-users.
- Troubleshoot user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems.
- Maintains records of daily communication transactions, problems, and actions taken and follows up on any unresolved issues.
- Close tickets in a timely manner and follow up with all end users to ensure customer satisfaction
- Provides top quality customer service by assisting employees with problems that occur.
- Configures and supports approved mobile device encryption
- AA college degree or equivalent level of knowledge
- Technical helpdesk or technical call center experience is necessary.
- Strong support/customer services skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Provide after-hours operations and on-call support.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Talking on the phone for up to 8 hours a day.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components.
- Take responsibility for and ownership of deliverables.
- Determine timeline challenges early, handle frequent interruptions and shifting priorities
- Ability to work under pressure and with flexible hours
- Experience with various Windows Operating systems such as:
- Clients: Windows 7, 10, Thin Clients, VMWare View, Apple OS
- Knowledge of Active Directory and Exchange
- Remote desktop connectivity applications like SMS, Bomgar, WebEx, and Windows Native tools
MS Office Suite (2013): MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint, MS-Outlook, MS Project, and MS Visio
- Internet browsers (e.g. Explorer, Chrome, Firefox),
- Experience supporting VPN and remote users
- Experience supporting for laptop, desktops, thin clients, VDI and printers
- Must be able to configure, install and troubleshoot all standard software applications on desktop and laptop computers
- Proficient in troubleshooting issues with Microsoft desktop Operation System. Experience with Apple OS X desired