Application Development Advisor
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Application Development Advisor
Job Summary: The primary responsibility of an Application Development Advisor is to deliver high quality code using, in priority order, Excel, VBA, Oracle, Oracle APEX, .Net and SQL Server to support requirements for various systems, applications, and components. Application Development Advisors will serve as technical leaders within their scrum teams and will work with their teams to ensure that code is developed according to the best practices and industry standards to meet the business needs and also ensure it is performance efficient. They work closely with business teams and other areas to understand the requirements and dependencies; promote high-quality customer focused IT strategies and solutions by working closely with Systems Architects, Product Owners and Production Support teams, demonstrating an understanding of the interrelationships between systems; and being able to write working software that will successfully integrate and interface these systems.
As leaders within our scrum teams, we are looking to our application development advisors to bring a “DevOps Mindset”, characterized with an automation first and continuous improvement orientation. He/she should drive the adoption of CI/CD tools and support the improvement of tools sets/processes used within the Agile release train. Candidates will need to have expertise in software engineering as well as Agile SDLC. Understanding of the interrelationships between systems, and be able to write working software that will successfully integrate and interface these systems, specifically how different pieces work together and use library calls, REST APIs, database queries, etc. in order to interoperate and yield desired outcomes. In the end, it is about creating business value for our customers and clients through working software.
- Responsible for developing, demoing, etc. the whole lifecycle
- Maximize the amount of value to the business
- Provide Daily-To-Day Technical Leadership and direction for the assigned scrum team
- Demonstrate skill in using coding standards, reusable code and being an active participant in code reviews.
- Strong understanding of development and testing techniques and toolset.
- Design, configuration, implementation of middleware products and application design/development within the supported technologies and products.
- Proactive monitoring and management design of supported assets assuring performance, availability, security, and capacity
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or other related field, or equivalent work experience
- Typically 10+ years of solid, diverse work experience in IT with a minimum of 6 years' experience in application development
- Able to communicate and demonstrate
- Self sufficient and hands on with the ability to figure out problems
- VBA in Excel
- Oracle APEX
- Able to change in a fast paced environment
- Able to work with a team
- Scrum Knowledge
- Under Writing knowledge
- Technical Leadership and experience leading a team delivering multiple projects at a time.
- Experience leading a team in collaborative development of prototypes for demonstration of concepts
- Reverse engineering systems specifications / code analysis to refine functional understanding or performing impact assessment
- Leverage existing open source frameworks, third party components/libraries to develop robust enterprise solutions. Mentality towards integrating and reusing existing capabilities vs building from scratch is highly desired.
- Should be very familiar with advanced concepts and have relevant, hands-on experience in many of the following areas to be a successful contributor on the team: Complex Event Processing, OOP or Enterprise Integration Patterns, Service Oriented Architecture (event-driven SOA, Web Services, REST, ESB), Message driven architecture (JMS, SOA, Spring, Red Hat Fuse, Camel), Database development & tuning (DB2, SQL Server, and Oracle), Performance (threading, indexing, clustering, caching), Transaction Management, Document-centric data architecture (XML DB/NoSQL/JSON), UI development (HTML5, Angular, Bootstrap) and Familiarity with how copybooks, SOAP, Schema, WSDLs and XMLs are put together
- Analytical Skills: Candidate must be able to recognize the needs of customers and create simple solutions that answer those needs.
- Communication: Candidate must be able to clearly communicate their ideas to peers, stakeholders, and management.
- Creativity: Creativity is needed to help invent new ways of approaching problems and developing innovative applications as well as bringing experience from other industries.
- Customer-Service: If dealing directly with clients and customers, candidate would need good customer service skills and consultant mentality to answer questions and fix issues.
- Attention to Detail: Applications have many parts and all must work together for the application to function.
- Problem-Solving: As issues come up, candidate must be able to make decisions that move the project forward.
- Teamwork: Candidate must work well with others as part of a distributed agile (SAFe) team of developers, analysts, QA, and more.