Product Visual Designer (eCommerce/Buyer)
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Product Visual Designer
Job Summary: Product Visual Designers take an active, hands-on role in co-leading the visual design on projects and work within multi-disciplinary teams to implement designs into technology frameworks. This important role requires broad knowledge and skills in visual design, user experience, user interface, and design language systems. Qualified candidates will have portfolios that exemplify that design is as much about emotion and behavior as it is about usefulness and ease of use.
- Contribute to and leverage the current the visual design language system to deliver visually appealing experiences
- Embrace empathy-first thinking across communication, collaboration, facilitation and design practices
- Contributing to a Products using effective design practices to drive quantifiable business outcomes
- Execute and closely partner with Senior and Principal Designers to do research, and co-lead workshops in line with product requirements
- Design layouts and visual mockups
- Design and contribute components to the Live Style Guide
- Collaborate in stand-ups, retros, and working sessions
- Lead/co-lead workshops and brainstorming sessions
- Present to stakeholders
- Daily pairing with engineers, Product Managers and Business partners
- Must have an online portfolio - illustrating case studies from start to finish – here was the problem, here’s how it was solved through human centered/user centered design, user research, working with stakeholders, conclusion, etc.
- Enterprise Level Product Design Experience – IBM, Oracle, Charles Schwab, PayPal, Google, Amazon, etc.
- eCommerce Experience - specifically as it applies to the shop side and/or configurator pages of eCommerce platforms and .coms
- Targeting 3-5 years of experience in UX/Product Design experience specific to wireframing and prototyping
- UX Research and Visual Design is highly preferred - Candidates need to have a clean modern portfolio book and be open to doing their own UX research
- Adobe Suite & Figma experience are highly preferred
- Familiar with Agile methodologies and 1-2 sprint cycles
- Passionate about attention to details, Typography, Visual Language and interactions that deliver best in class brand experiences
- Knowledgeable in data-driven design and human centered design
- Experienced in working with developers and product managers
- Experienced at defining problems and objectives through data, research, and understanding of customers, and letting those objectives inform elegant, practical solutions
- An exemplar of excellent communication, facilitation, coordination, and organization skills