Senior Analyst, Data Governance & MDM
Senior Analyst, Data Governance
Job Description: The Senior Analyst (SA) on the Enterprise Data Management team within Global Information Technology is a newly created position to support the Enterprise Data Management team supporting all divisions. The successful analyst will work closely with leadership and business stakeholders for delivering Enterprise Data Management products and services across the company. In this critical role the SA will help develop data management processes, help improve teams’ ability to make data-driven decisions, and ultimately help accelerate the company’s time-to-insight throughout the drug development lifecycle, from research to development to commercialization and through to delivery.
The SA will support the Enterprise Data Management team that will be leveraged by all functions to provide advice and deep subject matter expertise on Enterprise Data Management. The Enterprise Data Management Team may also initiate work to experiment/innovate or to meet an identified business need, working with the appropriate partners from across the organization. The Enterprise Data Management team will be a diverse and inclusive team culture that will be drawn upon to support Data Strategy, provide advice, or participate in projects that require advanced Enterprise Data Management expertise including Data Governance and Master Data Management. Finally, the SA will act as an ambassador for Data practices and will help create and champion an Enterprise Data Management Community of Practice across the company to promote community, cross-team learning, and increase the company’s overall data literacy.
The KellyMitchell Group is a premier technology consulting company dedicated to matching the most qualified IT professionals with top organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants.
KellyMitchell has been recognized for the past seven years by ClearlyRated and Staffing Industry Analysts for “Best in Staffing - Client Satisfaction.” These awards are coveted by the top 1% of workforce solutions firms in the industry based on client feedback and appreciation. Come work with us!
- Bring forth out of the box thinking, an agile mindset and substantial enterprise process ownership experience to empower application and product owners to build and maintain IT solutions with compliance, governance, and standards
- Perform the following activities and any additional tasks required to support and continuously improve compliance posture, to effectively reduce risks and satisfy the security objectives of the organization
- Support GxP systems deviation management for all IS systems and IS GxP processes
- Support GxP audit and inspection preparation and response
- Work closely with RDQ and GxP Systems Audit teams to support compliance with GxP requirements
- Contribute to the strategic development of the IS Governance Framework by supporting the development and maintenance of IS and information security policies, standards, and guidelines in alignment with GxP and SOX requirements
- Develop, maintain, and improve process documents for owned service
- Supports MDM functionality including data extraction, cleansing, and migration, article creation & maintenance, merchandise hierarchy and reclass, and establishing data governance policy and audit controls
- Responsible for the full systems development lifecycle from requirements gathering through implementation of various functional architecture solutions
- Designs, configures, tests, debugs, documents, and collaborates with development teams on both custom and packaged software solutions
- Assumes lead role in capturing detailed requirements, completing gap analysis and solution design for full scope of technology initiatives
- Provides feasibility assessments and effort estimates for proposed initiatives
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer information systems or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience within biotechnology / pharmaceutical industry
- Proven working knowledge of information systems concepts, compliance principles and security pillars (confidentiality, integrity and availability)
- Knowledge of SOX and GxP computerized systems compliance requirements, US and global in a biopharmaceutical company or Clinical Research Organization (CRO)
- Familiar with GDPR regulations and impact on data
- Familiar with various Quality Assurance Systems in relation to SOP management, training, deviations/CAPAs, change management/control, risk management and continuous improvement
- Effective communication with senior leadership and medium to large audience discussions / presentations
- Experience working with data management applications such as Reltio, Alation, etc.
- Experience working in Agile and/or DevOps teams (SCRUM)
- Exceptional teaming skills encompassing cross-functional teams, peer relationships, informing, understanding and appreciating differences
- Strong ability to convey and influence complex compliance, information risk and security issues in a manner that is easily understood and actionable
- Accepts responsibility and personal accountability