Job summary: Our client is looking for a skilled data modeler who will be responsible for designing, implementing and documenting data architecture and data modeling solutions. This will include the use of relational, dimensional, and NoSQL-Hive databases.
The KellyMitchell Group is a premier technology consulting company dedicated to matching the most qualified IT professionals with top organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants.
KellyMitchell has been recognized for the past seven years by ClearlyRated and Staffing Industry Analysts for “Best in Staffing - Client Satisfaction.” These awards are coveted by the top 1% of workforce solutions firms in the industry based on client feedback and appreciation. Come work with us!
- Implement business and IT data requirements through new data strategies and designs across all data platforms (relational-MSSQL Server, dimensional, and NoSQL-Hive) and data tools (reporting, visualization, analytics)
- Work with business and application/solution teams to implement data strategies, build data flows, and develop conceptual/logical/physical data models
- Define and govern data modeling and design standards, tools, best practices, and related development for enterprise data models
- Hands-on modeling, design, configuration, installation, performance tuning, and sandbox POC
- Work proactively and independently to address project requirements and articulate issues/challenges to reduce project delivery risks
- Understand and translate business needs into data models supporting long-term solutions
- Create logical and physical data models using best practices to ensure high data quality and reduced redundancy
- 10+ years of hands-on relational, dimensional, and/or analytic experience (using RDBMS-MS SQL Server, dimensional, NoSQL-Hive) data platform technologies, and ETL and data ingestion protocols)
- Experience with data warehouse, data lake, and enterprise bigdata platforms required
- Working experience with MS SQL server and Bigdata-Hadoop required
- Good knowledge of metadata management, data modeling, and related tools