Accounting Product Control Specialist
Job summary: Our client is looking for an Accounting Product Control Specialist who will be responsible for the accounting and financial reporting of business units. Product Control reports daily and monthly revenues and is responsible for key controls over data integrity and reconciliations.
The KellyMitchell Group is a premier technology consulting company dedicated to matching the most qualified IT professionals with top organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants.
KellyMitchell has been recognized for the past seven years by ClearlyRated and Staffing Industry Analysts for “Best in Staffing - Client Satisfaction.” These awards are coveted by the top 1% of workforce solutions firms in the industry based on client feedback and appreciation. Come work with us!
- Own deferred expenses reconciliation between product processor ledger and business expense system, perform timely investigation and escalation of breaks, as well as communication of open items to key stakeholders
- Work closely with partners across Front Office, Middle Office and technology to identify and resolve underlying flow issues
- Compile and provide weekly Balance Sheet Detail and analysis of payables, receivables and Deferred expenses to Front Office and Middle Office, inclusive of commentary on aged items
- Look to utilize digital tools to make the data pulls, aging and commentary input more robust
- Compile intercompany reconciliation and monitoring, review and resolve breaks, including back log of aged items
- Design global process to review such breaks to ensure they do not occur and are proactively captured
- Assist in Front Office led End to End review as needed
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Finance and /or Accounting degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years related business experience required
- Must have a strong knowledge in accounting fundamentals and project management
- A control focused mind-set with strong process improvement capabilities
- Must be able to evaluate relative control risks and develop creative solutions
- Advanced degree, Professional Accounting qualification and/or CFA
- Internal Control or Audit experience