UX Design Manager
Job summary: Our client is seeking a UX Design Manager to join their quickly-growing team. In this role, you will be responsible for leading a UX design team and applying user-centered design methods to frame and deliver experiences. You will serve as the steward for the end-user by championing lean UX practices in a fast-paced agile environment. The UX Design Manager will collaborate with key stakeholders, UX team members, UX leadership, product managers, developers, and end-users to define, design, ship and iterate products.
All applicants should provide work samples, with proper consideration of copyright restrictions. The applicant should be able to speak to their design philosophy and be aware of design trends. Applicants who cannot provide work samples will not be considered.
The KellyMitchell Group is a premier technology consulting company dedicated to matching the most qualified IT professionals with top organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants.
KellyMitchell has been recognized for the past seven years by ClearlyRated and Staffing Industry Analysts for “Best in Staffing - Client Satisfaction.” These awards are coveted by the top 1% of workforce solutions firms in the industry based on client feedback and appreciation. Come work with us!
- Lead one or more multi-disciplinary team aligned to a work stream or product, including defining the direction, quality, and outcome from a UX perspective
- Model how to use human-centered design approaches to frame problems, uncover patterns, discover opportunities, visualize concepts, and lead a team
- Partner with product managers and technology leads to assess and prioritize strategic opportunities in an agile development environment
- Manage, coach and mentor UX designers on lean research and design practices
- Manage expectations with senior leaders and project stakeholders to help shape, define and manage ongoing communication throughout the project lifecycle
- Lead the team to design and envision future experiences iteratively in a dynamic environment by being mindful of how the experience needs to evolve over time
- Guide the team to create just enough documentation to communicate designs and research results to stakeholders beyond the immediate team of developers and product managers
- Stay away from overproduced deliverables and support collaborative in-person decisions
Skills and Qualifications:
- 7+ years as a UX practitioner in highly collaborative environments
- 3+ years of management experience
- Extensive experience facilitating a wide breadth of human-centered design methodologies
- Expert-level proficiency in at least one, ideally two, UX disciplines such as: Interaction Design, Information Architecture, Visual Design, Content Strategy, UX Research, or Product Design
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in the following is a plus: Design, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Interaction Design, Information Sciences, Psychology, Human Factors, and/or Computer Science
- Expertise using industry design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe, Axure, InVision, etc.
- Experience designing in insurance, financial, or highly regulated verticals