Software Dev Engineer II
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Position Title: Software Dev Engineer II
- Have a positive attitude and a desire to help others
- Have a strong technical background
- Ability to remain calm under times of stress
- Ability to think creatively to solve problems
- Strong critical thinking skills
- A test & learn mentality and willingness to try, fail, try again
- Willingness to make strategic bets and understand the risk/reward associated
- Create functional and operational system requirements and specifications
- Partner with neighboring teams in designing, testing, deploying and operating highly scalable Monitoring API-frameworks and solutions
- Create application client libraries to emit metrics
- Design and implement Monitoring tools/systems to scale and automate operations tasks.
- Perform high level framework and system performance analysis and tuning optimizations.
- Function as technical, engineering and operational guide for complex frameworks and systems
- Identifies potential areas where existing capabilities and processes require change and where new ones need to be developed - specifically to meet future business demands
- Execute proofs of concept using cutting edge technology with the intention of production-ising
- Effectively builds and maintains a network of key contacts across company and cultivates these contacts to achieve results.
- Being an open advocate for operations and the DevOps model
- At least 3 years of experience with Chef or Ansible
- Experience creating APIs
- A high level of proficiency delivering software solutions within Cloud Computing solutions (preferably AWS and Azure)
- Understanding of Resilient Systems design
- Experience in Network Design and Management
- Excellent organizational, communication, and technical skills
- Self-starter that enjoys and takes pride in the engineering work of their team
- Ability to learn quickly, master our existing systems and identify areas of improvement
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
Work Experience and Education Guidelines:
- A minimum of 5 years of development, system design or engineering experience
- A BA/BS degree in a technical field or related discipline preferred