Senior Back-End Software Engineer
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Position Title: Senior Backend Software Engineer
Software Engineers apply their skills and talents to build scalable and sustainable solutions, utilizing best engineering practices and the latest technologies in an agile, team-oriented and collaborative environment. They build and support amazing customer experiences while meeting the needs of the business. This role in the Price management team is for a software engineer to help build business-critical systems. As part of the Price DevOps team, you will follow and demonstrate best practices to the team. And, you’ll work with a multifaceted group of engineers.
- 6+ years of high quality professional experience in delivering quality software, ideally across the full stack
- Excellent proficiency in Java..
- Experience building things from scratch.
- Experience architecting solutions from end to end.
- Experience with RESTful architecture and micro services. Knowledge of JSON and XML.
- Experience with system design, architecture, scaling, and performance testing.
- Experience with Cloud technologies, proficiency with AWS.
- Experience with databases.
- Familiarity with CI/CD and testing tools.
- Understanding of data structure and algorithms.
- Excellent communication and strong team player attitude.
- Proven ability to use good judgement and take initiative.
- Ability to mentor Jr. Developers. (Don’t need experience here but they need to be willing and excited about it)
- Bachelors in an engineering discipline, preferably computer science, or equivalent
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases
- Knowledge of Node.js
- Knowledge of AngularJS
- Experience with GoogleCloud
- Experience with graphed databases