KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Position Title: Program Manager
- Responsible for planning, directing and coordinating large strategic programs from initiation through to implementation.
- Leads cross-functional program teams and works with business partners to determine and interpret business requirements into technology solutions. Responsible for managing program costs, resources, change requests, risk and issues to ensure that maximum business benefit maintained.
- Provide regular program status updates.
- Typically holds a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or other related field or equivalent work experience.
- Typically has extensive IT and business/industry work experience, with proven experience in a leadership role and project management role. Requires financial acumen in terms of representing project financials within Clarity.
- Project Management Professional (PMI) or equivalent Project Management certification (e.g.. Certified Project Management Practitioner, International Project Management Association) Scope
- Responsible for managing one or more highly complex or enterprise-wide IT program(s) consisting of multiple projects that may span a broad range of systems and enterprise-wide components.
- Requires knowledge across multiple business and technical environments, covering a large range of business functions and capabilities.
- Communicates with Directors of Technical Delivery, Portfolio Management and business partners with regard to program strategy direction and changes.
- Facilitates potential development solutions by working with business partners and senior level Architects to determine technology solutions that align with business strategies and IT strategic directions.
- Accountable for engaging appropriate delivery resources to ensure program/project delivery.
- Context - Management Dimensions May be required to undertake direct people management responsibilities for up to 10 team members.
- Required to undertake coaching and guidance to the Project Management community to promote best practices in Project Management.
- Required to promote Project Management best-practice through formal and informal networks. Will act as a mentor to the Project Management community
- . Functional Capability Develops the program strategy and the various enterprise-wide high-level project plans and ensures that scope and approach are fully understood by all stakeholders.
- Ensures that the supporting business case is updated throughout the course of delivery; works with the business to ensure business case objectives are met. Works with Technology experts to identify potential solution(s) to meet the business needs. Ensures integration of projects and adjusts project scope, timing, and budgets as needed, based on the needs of the business.
- Identifies and tracks key project milestones (base-lining critical path) and recommend adjustments to supporting Project Managers across the enterprise.
- Ensures accurate reflection of project budgets, forecasts and actuals within Clarity.
- Monitors and communicates the progress of the program delivery and ensures timely and effective communication of the status in terms of cost, forecast, schedule and assessment of risks/issues.
- Negotiates and influences cross-functional teams to ensure appropriate resourcing levels are engaged and maintained throughout the course of the development life-cycle.
- Pro-actively anticipates program/project(s) risks and issues and ensures that appropriate mitigation planning is in place to avoid compromising delivery.
- Ensures effective usage of change control procedures and processes to maintain control on scope, schedule and cost.
- Oversees quality assurance procedures to ensure that appropriate levels of end-to-end testing are undertaken across the program.
- Facilitates post implementation reviews across cross functional teams; works with Directors of Technical Delivery and business/portfolio management to ensure best-practices are carried forward.
- Contributes to continual process improvement or re-engineering activities.
Blue Box Leadership Competencies:
- Drives Results Builds and Leverages Relationships Key:
- Ability to manage and coordinate global teams (both IT and Business) Key: Ability to navigate through a large organization and develop strong relationships across IT and the business
- Key: Utilizes collaborative working practices Communicates Effectively
- Key: Verbally and in writing Key: Influencing and negotiating Drives Innovation and Change
- Key: Provides counsel and leadership on future use of technology and business process improvements Develops Winning Strategies
- Key: Demonstrates a strategic viewpoint
- Key: Possesses knowledge about industry trends (emerging technologies, business intelligence etc.)
- Demonstrates Personal Excellence * ALL Blue Box Leadership Competencies are important to the role.
- Those identified here are of particular significance.