KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Position Title: Product Owner
Ready for a challenge? The Product Owner is responsible for the planning, execution, functionality, usability, quality, and performance of their products. The Product Owner must communicate effectively with stakeholders and agile development teams in order to fulfill the vision for the product and meet the company’s strategic goals.
- Interact with senior management to understand stakeholder objectives, priorities, scope of work, and high-level business requirements.
- Represent and advocate for the product/product domain in all interactions with other teams and departments.
- Document and prioritize business and technical requirements and user stories for feature enhancements, taking into consideration customer needs, competitive market offerings, and company strategy.
- Create wireframes and workflows for new and enhanced features for optimal functionality and usability.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with stakeholders regarding project status, obstacles and their proposed solutions, and the delivery timeline. Manage stakeholder expectations.
- Maintain and groom product backlog ensuring that user stories are well-formed and have acceptance criteria.
- Take an active role in working with development team(s) to ensure that user stories are reflected in their technical designs.
- Take an active role in estimation meetings.
- Conduct sprint planning, daily scrum, and retrospective meetings.
- Coordinate resource allocation, deployment, and delivery.
- Coordinate project management activities both internally and externally, including managing relationships with cross-functional teams, as well as any external development teams and/or vendors.
- Negotiate and communicate effectively with foreign teams, vendors, and stakeholders.
- Drive execution and remove any obstacles that may interfere with the team’s ability to deliver on stated goals.
- Ensure that features and functions meet user acceptance criteria.
- Deliver internal and external product training on new and improved features, as necessary.
- Use customer feedback and post-deployment metrics such as Google Analytics, Tableau, etc. to evaluate success
- Analyze project data and agile metrics. Use data and insights to recommend process improvements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive, hands-on experience defining products and features, and writing requirements for both desktop and mobile platforms.
- Understanding of SQL/Excel.
- Experience working in a fast-paced Agile (SCRUM/Kanban) development environment.
- Strong understanding of UX/UI requirements.
- Experience creating wireframes, and mocking up the general product concept.
- Experience integrating with third parties/APIs.
- Ability to coordinate with other internal teams to make the website more user-friendly.
- Well versed in e-commerce/web-driven companies.
- Customer-first mentality.
- Understanding of Agile and traditional project management best practices.
- Understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Experience with application lifecycle management systems (Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Jira, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to get up to speed quickly on new products and services.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with international teams in a global e-commerce setting.
- Project or Product Owner/Manager certification.
- Generally requires 3-7 years of product ownership experience
- Bachelor’s degree required (Emphasis in Computer Science preferred)