Microsoft Corporation | RF110719 | Job #85290 | RF Engineer | IT
Redmond, WA (some remote)
BR:$80-85 – I want to see every candidate, even above BR!
They need a hardcore RF Engineer or Data Analyst (mix with RF exp) – we are coming across a lot of strong deployment PM’s.
PLEASE ASK ABOUT:
Experience using: Tablaeu, PowerBI, MapInfo, Excel, GIS tools (this turns piles of data into beautiful and meaningful depictions).
Technical Q’s to ask:
- What is broadband?
- What is the difference between TCP and UDP?
- What are the factors affecting latency?
- What is dB, dBi, dBm? Difference?
- UHF and VHF knowledge?
Data Q’s to ask:
- How do you get your data? Sources?
- How do you analyze your data?
- What do you use? Like functions/tools you used for data crunching?
- How do you verify your analysis is correct?
Team: Airband Initiatives Team (be sure to check this link to learn more: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/airband!)
Microsoft Airband Initiative is working with internal and external partners to guide and shape innovative new products, solutions, and business models that will help bring affordable connectivity to rural areas. The team already has a portfolio of high impact, high-profile engagements with partners in over 20 countries across five continents. The team aims to (1) develop a pipeline of new partnership and projects to incubate new approaches, (2) commercialize, grow, and scale existing and new engagements, and (3) develop an affordable internet access ecosystem.
- 10+ years tier 1 RF engineering experience
- BS/MSEE plus MBA
- excellent English
- rock star EDX skills, coverage and capacity modeling
- RF model tuning and optimization
- IP core engineering
- transport and microwave experience
- WiFi expert
- hands on with radio and router configuration and spectrum analyzer
- can generate professional presentations in ppt and deliver them orally
- excel business intelligence and modeling /GIS analysis skills
- capex/opex modeling for end to end telecom systems
- periodic travel to help network operators install TVWS radios
- research analysis and drafting whitepapers on topics such as network function virtualization, 5G landscape, acquisition targets for Microsoft, etc.