Sr. Software Engineer
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Position Title: Sr. Software Engineer
The Engineer will be part of a key team of Technology professionals that applies scientific, mathematical and social principles to design, build, and maintain technology products, devices, systems and solutions. These technology products and solutions provide amazing customer experiences while meeting the needs of the business.
- Develop large scale RESTful Web Services in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) environment
- Support business decisions with ad hoc analysis as needed • Design, manage, and maintain tools for automation
- Desire to have full ownership of the entire SDLC from conception to post-mortem
- Maintain and improve monitoring and alerting
- Track root causes and present solutions
- Mentor junior developers to grow them to similar levels of technical expertise
- Strive for continuous improvement of code quality and development practices
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams – business stakeholders, engineers, program management, project management, etc. - to produce the best solutions possible
- Anticipate system/application challenges and proposes solutions for the same.
- Contribute to story sizing and work estimates for implementation, validation, delivery and documentation
- Review user stories to ensure a quality user experience, well-defined acceptance criteria and thorough test coverage.
- Adjust positively to quickly-changing priorities and shifting goals
- Understand, leverage and applies best practices effectively
- This position may be required to perform other related duties as assigned
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 10 years of professional experience in practice area
- Proven high level of expertise in Java and related technology stacks
- Proven proficiency in API development (REST and SOAP)
- Proficiency with relational databases (Oracle, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with Big Data technologies: Hadoop, Pig, Map Reduce
- Experience with Streaming technologies: Kafka
- Experience with Caching technologies: Redis
- Proficiency with Linux/Unix systems
- Agile software development experience
- Experience working in a metrics driven environment
- Cloud Computing Experience (e.g AWS, GCP)