Senior Web Engineer
Title: Senior Web Engineer
Length: 6 months to hire
Location: Seattle, WA
• Demonstrate competence of engineering concepts, theories and principles, combining them with business understanding to design, document and implement clean and robust solutions to complex business problems.
• Work independently while demonstrating a bias for action and flexibility to evolving business needs.
• Collaborate with other engineering teams, business stakeholders, as well as program and product managers to define and implement technical solutions.
• Demonstrate an ability to turn business needs into functional requirements, while also explaining technical details in ways the business can understand. Participate in defining, scoping and estimating resulting stories.
• Work closely with your peers, mentor junior developers and help the team achieve its goals.
• Maintain a high bar for code quality, testing and automation while finding opportunities to continuously improve them.
• Participate in design and code reviews, ensuring the team ships high quality, scalable, maintainable and well-tested code.
• Maintain a devops mindset, promoting Cloud-oriented solutions while implementing and supporting monitoring, alerting, CI/CD pipelines as well as the team’s Cloud infrastructure.
• BS in Computer Science or related technical field
• 4+ years of professional experience delivering interactive and responsive web applications using the latest technologies in an enterprise setting
• Strong understanding of web technologies and front-end development best practices, including front-end testing.
• Experience with web application design, scaling and performance testing.
• Experience with Cloud technologies, proficiency with AWS a plus.
• Experience with agile software development, such as SCRUM or Kanban
• Knowledge of Node.js desirable.
• Experience building microservices a plus