Helpdesk Support Specialist
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Job Title: Helpdesk Support Specialist
Job Description & Responsibilities
This role is an individual contributor with a focus on analyzing technical complaints and providing first level support to both Internal and External staff worldwide. The team also provides access controls designed to enroll, update, delete and audit both Internal and External profiles.This position is at a professional level and uses a set of standard procedures to execute tasks while applying analytical skills based on the type of request. This position receives a low level of guidance and supervision.
- Processes urgent requests for password and session resets to minimize downtime for both Internal and External staff worldwide.
- Provides level one triage for business applications, which includes diagnosing issues, detecting patterns of impact, and ensuring the validity of complaints.
- Works closely with management and IT to communicate future application changes, current troubleshooting efforts, and ticket statuses.
- Supports regularly scheduled technology projects, including application testing, both pre and post deployment.
- Manages severity incidents with IT support teams and regularly informs impacted lines of business and senior management.
- Assists enforcement of Business Continuity Plans related to catastrophic IT failures, security alerts, or weather events.
- Maintains access controls responsibility for a wide variety of applications, which involves enrolling, updating, entitling and deleting both internal and external staff profiles.
- Responsible for staff on-boarding and off-boarding, which includes administering applications to support call routing and call recording.
- Asserts compliance controls for multiple systems, including regularly auditing AD groups and validating privileged accesses.
- Accountable for resolving infrastructure complaints and requests.
- Educates clients on all supported products and applications, ensuring understanding of best practices regarding usage and functionality.
- Manages phone hotlines, assigned emails, and web requests to protect service level targets, while leveraging a CRM tool to track daily activities
Skills, Experiences, Knowledge
- 1-3 years of experience in technical support, held desk, customer service, call center or related field
- Needs solid PC skills in a Windows environment. Familiarity with Microsoft Office and Excel is strongly recommended
- Must be able to manage multiple service requests with strict time limits
- Needs ability to comprehend and translate technical issues into business concepts.
- Needs ability to make quick decisions based on client needs
- Must be able to set priorities and manage customer expectations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be accurate, well organized, and detail-oriented
- Needs ability to work as part of a high-performing team
- Will be responsible for additional duties as needed
- Bachelor's degree
- Advanced knowledge of ticketing systems related to technical support preferred
- Course work in computer science or information technology preferred
- Understanding of financial products and services, risk management tools, and marketing information preferred.
- Spanish and/or Portuguese a plus.