Product Manager III
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Job Title: Product Manager III
Job Description & Responsibilities
- Responsible for driving all strategy, new development, and performance enhancements for specific set of products within a product category. Manages the end to end product lifecycle from idea inception through development and launch.
- Lead development and implementation of product strategy: Incorporate deep understanding of customer insights, markets, competition, and distribution capabilities to define product strategy. This should manifest itself in a roadmap of initiatives including small enhancement and content refreshments to existing products as well as new product needs
- Measure product performance and lead performance improvement initiatives. Identify and understand the performance drivers and set up ongoing diagnostics and monitoring capabilities
- Drive new product development: Create sound business cases around all new products based on needs assessment and projected feasibility. Incorporate a user/customer centric approach to all development efforts. Engage appropriate product support teams and developers early in the process to capture full perspective in creating “best fit” products
- Communicate product information: including product roadmap, specifications, value proposition, sales tools training tools and competitive information to stakeholders. Provide status updates to PMO for regular reporting cycles.
- Manage product lifecycles: continually evaluate product performance and key customer insights and ensure new product needs are identified far enough in advance to address needs before product obsolescence.
Skills, Experiences, Knowledge
- Bachelor degree in an IT-related discipline
- PMP certification - preferred
- 10+ years experience managing projects
- Strong skills in Microsoft Project to manage to a detailed project plan
- Excellent follow up to ensure tasks are being delivered according to plan.
- Understanding of website development and associated back-end connection task
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong communication skills