Analyst Commodity II
Period: 04/29/2019 to 09/30/2019
Work Location: 1 N Waukegan Road, AP30, North Chicago, Illinois, 60064-1802
Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business systems and user needs. Documents requirements, defines scope and objectives, and formulates systems to parallel overall business strategies. 4-7 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with relational database concepts, and client-server concepts.
This IT position provides system support for multiple business eLearning applications at AbbVie. Major responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Define business requirement, translate it to technical specs, test to verify the requirement has been met by the application
• Serve as the application SME / the primary IT contact for business clients group. Working directly with clients to provide IT expertise to solve a business problem; Investigate alternatives and make solution recommendations
• Coordinating and/or actively being engaged in various initiatives / projects in addition to the day-to-day operations
• Providing Level 3 support to end users for reported issues and inquiries
• Ensuring internal / external application patches and enhancement releases to be implemented with quality
• Leading or participating in weekly and monthly operations review meetings with the clients as well as IT sr. management
Bachelor degree in Information Technology or similar.
The successful candidate must possess the following competencies:
• Must be able to quickly understand the business objective of a system and able to come up to speed on the function and capability of the system necessary to provide system support for the business clients
• Must understand SLC concepts and have experience in working with SLC; Strong in Requirement, Test Planning, and Release Management
• Strong analytical / problem solving skills, the ability to handle multiple tasks or requests simultaneously, strong written and oral communication skill, the ability to work directly with the clients and vendor to manage expectations, the ability to work under hard deadlines.
• Must have a robust experience working with complex data
• Must have a good understanding of web technology and database technology
The successful candidate must possess the following experience:
• Must have experience working as a business systems analyst in an IT organization. Note: This position is not a business analyst position in eLearning area
• 4-7 years of system / application support as a senior level business systems analyst
• Have experience supporting SumTotal