KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Job Title: Procurement Specialist
Job Description & Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with key line of business partners to develop and write contracts through negotiations and/or competitive bid processes.
- Work with other subject matter specialists, Law, Internal Audit and Insurance departments as required.
- Examples of contract related work products include: Master Service Agreements, Long and Short Form Contracts, Change Orders, Contract Work Authorizations, Request for Proposals and related reports, letters and correspondences.
- Ensure inclusion of effective supplier diversity language in all contracts.
- Provide support to the Supervisor in governance of contract approval process from contract creation through contract award.
- Review purchase orders and contracts as part of procurement approval process.
- Develop and maintain specific knowledge and expertise, as well as familiarity with general market conditions and trends.
Skills, Experiences, Knowledge
- Minimum of 2 years of equivalent experience including strategic sourcing
- Experience in and ability to negotiate complex contracts (typically $10M and below)
- Understanding of procurement processes, policies, procedures and contract law
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Strong Contract Writing and Management skills
- Cost evaluation skills Negotiation skills
- Supplier Diversity understanding
- Strong Client Focus
- Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain management (or related industry experience)
- Six Sigma training
- Category Strategy Development
- Utility industry experience
- SAP/SRM Master Level experience