Data Science Advisor
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Title: Data Science Advisor
Job Description & Responsibilities
This position is responsible for developing solutions to increase revenue and margin by utilizing Predictive Modeling, Segmentation and Machine learning methods.
In addition, this position will be providing thought leadership in advanced analytic projects and solutions. The candidate should think strategically about the data and be willing to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment without compromising the quality of work. The candidate will need to champion and drive projects from inception to delivery by working with senior leaders and business partners (IT, Clinical, Operations, etc).
- Lead the development of new Predictive models working with internal stakeholders from gathering requirements to delivery.
- Perform data mining by applying machine learning and supervised learning algorithms.
- Support advanced analytical and data mining efforts which could include but not limited to clustering, segmentation, logistic and multivariate regression, decision/CART trees, neural networks, time-series analysis, sentiment analysis, topic modeling, and Bayesian analysis
- Visualize, interpret, report, and communicate data findings creatively in a various formats and audiences using Tableau, ggplot.
- Think creatively and work well both as part of a team and as an individual contributor.
Skills, Experiences, Knowledge
- Proven experience in developing and deploying production ML models using analytical methods such as regression, decision trees, support vector machines, Random Forests, Neural Networks.
- Have hands-on experience using relational database management systems and distributed computing (Oracle, Teradata, SQL Server, Hive SQL, Hadoop, DB2)
- Exceptional ability to communicate and present findings clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong understanding of Supervised Learning methods
- Strong understanding of R/Python
- Experience with Spark/Scala/HDFS
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience (Healthcare preferred)
- MS or PhD in Engg/CS/IS/Statistics
- Visualization experience in Tableau. Ggplot a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills