KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Job Title: Data Analyst
Job Description & Responsibilities
Candidates with a strong background in data/IT/analytics are highly desired for this position. The individual will be responsible for data and pipeline management around pre and post advancement set-up and support across vegetable crops. This position is expected to interact with various functions across breeding and the larger organization. Attention to detail, agility, and meeting deadlines on a fast pace environment are key for the success of this role. Additionally, the individual will support short-term analytical projects during non-peak seasons.
Skills, Experiences, Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a closely-related field with 3+ years of software development experience.
- Demonstrated experience in R/Python, with at least 1 year experience using them for real-world data analysis
- Experience with Amazon cloud platform
- Experience with relational databases and SQL is a must
- Strong business aptitude, the ability to rapidly learn new problem domains, and become conversant in the domain with subject matter experts
- Excellent Excel and relational database skills
- Ability learn fast a number of processes with consistency and attention to detail
- Commitment to ensuring data quality and accuracy and attention to detail
- Self starter and be able to work as part of a team
- Fosters a sense of urgency, identifies and overcomes obstacles
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Master’s degree in computer science
- Experience working with large data sets, experience working with distributed computing tools a plus (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, HBase, Spark etc.)
- Experience with basic machine learning algorithms is highly desirable
- Knowledge of breeding, agriculture, and/or biotechnology
- Code development experience with any of these languages: R, Python, Java, C++, SAS
- Experience with Visualization tools
- M.Sc. computer science or analytics field