KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Title: Contract Coordinator III
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Contract Analyst role negotiates contracts and budgets for the company’s clinical R&D trials. This individual will negotiate clinical study agreement contracts and budgets with academic institutions and major research centers. A strong candidate will demonstrate excellent customer service, communication and prioritization skills. Ideally, someone would have a background in budget negotiation, contract negotiation, working in Salesforce systems, a strong understanding of clinical research and medical procedures and the costs thereof and very strong skills in Excel and Word. Any candidate would need to work well as part of a team and be comfortable working in a transparent and fast paced environment.
- Economically and efficiently purchase services for company R&D in compliance with Outsourcing and Purchasing Policies.
- Responsible for working under the guidance of Outsourcing Project/Operations Management to draft and negotiate a limited number of agreement types, such as clinical study agreements as assigned by the manager.
- May be responsible for performing contract support tasks such as SRM and contract execution and/or tracking activities in support of Outsourcing team members.
- Responsible for identification and resolution of contract issues working closely with therapeutic/functional areas, legal, OEC and suppliers to resolve contract issues under supervision by the manager.
- Develop and maintain necessary contracting documentation according to departmental policies and procedures.
- Provides contract status updates to therapeutic/functional areas and Outsourcing contract management team, as required.
- Promote the firm as the partner of choice in all external communications and dealings to build the company brand.
Skills, Experiences, Knowledge
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. BA/BS: science, business financial degree or paralegal certification is highly preferred.
- With a BA/BS degree, 1+ years of pharmaceutical related industry experience with an emphasis on business (contract outsourcing, finance) and/or technical experience(chemistry, biology, clinical). Candidates without a BA/BS degree require a 3+ years of pharmaceutical related industry experience. .
- Must have attention to detail along with an understanding of the quality/compliance environment.
- Successful candidates will also have a demonstrated ability to multi-task and effective communication skills.
- Customer support focused expertise is highly desirable.