Business Analyst IV
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Title: Ecommerce Principal Business Analyst
Job Description & Responsibilities
An Ecommerce Principal Business Analyst is a member of a focused product team that performs business analysis tasks using techniques that enable a highly iterative delivery approach of continuous requirements identification and just-in-time definition of requirements.
The Principal Business Analyst will be working with motivated teams on highly visible and valuable customer-facing digital products. This position requires an excellent communicator with outstanding analytical skills in order to collaborate with business users, technology teams and leadership in an Agile environment.
- Translates high level requirements into detailed level requirements (user stories) to be consumed by the development pods in each sprint, while ensuring stories and features are added iteratively to the product to add overall value
- Manages a story backlog to ensure readiness of user stories for the upcoming sprint
- Facilitates agile rituals such as inception, iteration and story kickoff, estimation sessions, and help to keep team up-to-date with changes in priorities and to be available to answer questions quickly
- Creates acceptance criteria that is clear, concise and actionable
- Works with User Experience (UX) analysts to ensure prototypes convey story intent
- Works with Dev and QA to understand the boundaries of any given story
- Analyzes data to ensure features are aligned with product goals/objectives and delivering the most business value
- Contributes to overall definition of strategy and scope, including working with business stakeholders to understand ‘why’ we are working on something before development begins
- Identifies opportunities for improvement across product, process and team
- Mentors other BAs in the organization in order to build skills
Skills, Experiences, Knowledge
- 5+ years Ecommerce experience required
- 1-2 Agile/Scrum experience required
- Undergraduate degree preferred
- Ability to understand, communicate and engage effectively with multiple stakeholders and interactions
- Strong problem-solving, listening, written and verbal communication, and decision-making skills
- Basic understanding of agile concepts (such as user story, sprint, acceptance criteria, etc)