Data Warehouse Developer III
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Job Title: Data Warehouse Developer III
Job Description & Responsibilities
- Design, develop, and maintain relational databases for data storage and data mining.
- Perform data warehouse design and testing, including data design, database architecture, metadata, and repository creation.
- Design data warehouse schematics, layouts, and capacity planning.
- Create and implement effective metrics and monitoring processes.
- Develop processes and procedures for entering information into data warehousing systems and for ensuring reliability of information entered.
- Seek continuous improvement in performance of data warehouse and ensure security of data.
- Career-level position within field.
- Considered highly skilled and proficient in discipline.
- Conducts complex work important to the organization.
- Works under minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent judgment.
Skills, Experiences, Knowledge
- Minimum of 5 years' Teradata development experience.
- Knowledge of data warehousing design concepts.
- Advanced SQL knowledge.
- Advanced level knowledge of data modeling concepts across a variety of analytics use cases.
- Advanced knowledge of database design concepts and data structures (relational, file system, time series, dataframes, etc.)
- Proficient data mining and profiling skills.
- Experience working with real-time or near real-time data.
- Performance tuning, indexing strategies, and query optimization experience.
- Must be passionate about data quality, process development, and delivering high quality analytics software products.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Familiarity with the Airline industry and associated data.
- Teradata certification.
- Knowledge of big data technologies such as Hive, Spark, and other Hadoop technologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.