Project Manager - II
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Title: Project Manager II
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Project Manager (PM) will be part of the new Source-to-Pay system implementation team responsible for the creation of detailed project plans and deployment of critical project tasks, performance and results tracking, and management of the status updates to the Steering Committee and Project team.
The position is responsible for actively managing multiple time-sensitive, highly visible and complex workstreams simultaneously; proactively solving issues, conducting assessments, making recommendations and initiating improvements; managing relationships and expectations of a large set of internal stakeholders across different organizations.
Another primary focus is to support the overall change management associated with the implementation of the new system, including process impacts, communication and training plans. This will require working with the other Global Supply Chain organizations, business customers, finance, IT, systems, legal, regulatory, compliance, risk management, internal audit, global clearance and import/export control amongst other organizations.
This position requires a minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience in areas such as project management, sourcing, supply chain, and change management. Also required is the ability to be self-directed, and to manage multiple deliverables in a dynamic environment where requirements and constraints may evolve frequently.
- Manage project scope and timeline for the Sourcing led workstreams, facilitate and lead change management processes to drive effective project execution, support collaborations with the other project workstreams and align with Senior Management.
- Develop and maintain project plan with detailed tasks and deliverables for the Sourcing led workstreams (Sourcing, Contracts, Contract Data Migration, Organizational Change Management & Communication and Approvals), ensure alignment on key activities and decisions between two Sourcing organizations and track timely completion of tasks and activities.
- Identify risks and issues impacting Sourcing led workstreams, maintain internal risk and issue log, and collaborate with Program Management to drive timely risk and issue resolution on the program level.
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders and the Program Management Office to proactively identify dependencies impacting Sourcing led workstreams, maintain internal dependency tracker, and communicate to the Sourcing functional team and leadership.
- Be a single point of contact for the updates to Program Management Office as relates to the completion of activities, issue and risk resolution.
- Support change management activities, including drafting communications, reviewing training plans, and managing cross-functional stakeholders’ expectations.
Skills, Experiences, Knowledge
- BS degree desired (in Business, Economics, Finance, HR, Supply Chain or Procurement); Master Degree or PMP Certification preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years working and hands on knowledge of Project Management, Sourcing or Supply Chain functions.
- Highly effective communication skills (both written and verbal) and organizational agility.
- Strong analytical and effective problem-solving skills to identify, create and lead improvement opportunities, evaluate options, and develop solutions.
- Ability to work independently and make sound business decisions with limited direction; self-management a must.
- Well organized, detail-oriented and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to prioritize activities, establish realistic timelines/milestones and achieve results while demonstrating excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to interact professionally and effectively with all levels of management including Senior Leaders.
- Advanced familiarity and experience with Microsoft Power Point with the ability to create professional and creative presentations.
- Advanced familiarity and experience with Excel including the ability to create and utilize Pivot tables.