KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Title: Data Analyst
Job Description & Responsibilities
Our client is looking for a Data Analyst to add to their highly collaborative and innovative Business Intelligence Team. As a Data Analyst/Report Developer within the Business Intelligence Team, your primary responsibility will be to design and develop dashboards, visualizations, metrics and reports to various business and field users across all of the company to help them derive insights for optimal business decisions.
- Design, develop, and maintain reporting and interactive analytics content such as dynamic dashboards, scorecards, reports and advanced visualizations using BI reporting tools like Yellowfin, Microstrategy and Power BI.
- Develop physical and logical data models/data relationships required to facilitate report/dashboard generation.
- Build report schema layer such as attributes, key metrics, filters, user prompts, datasets for analytics content.
- Create and maintain SQL queries for report data validation and performance optimization.
- Set up automated schedules for report delivery and distribution via email, shared location etc.
- Assist in production deployment and change management process for report migration.
- Understand business requirements and be able to convert them into respective visualizations and interactive dashboards.
- Analyze various complex data from multiple data sources and be able to interpret data while developing reports/dashboards.
Skills, Experiences, Knowledge
- 4-5 years of experience in a data analyst/report developer role.
- Hands on experience in designing and developing dashboards, reports, advanced visualizations using BI analytical tools, specifically Yellowfin BI, MicroStrategy and PowerBI.
- Proven solid experience in designing and developing report schema and application layer - attributes, complex metrics, filters, drill maps, hierarchies, user prompts, schedules etc.
- High Proficiency with SQL, SQL optimization techniques and PostgreSQL database systems.
- Familiarity working with data warehouses, relational databases and data modelling techniques.
- Experience in implementing mobile app version of reports and dashboards in tablets and phones.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and be able to work independently as part of the team.
- Be flexible, quick learner and be able to keep up with fast changing business model.
- Demonstrate time management, teamwork and prioritization skills.
- Relevant industry experience in retail/QSR is a plus.
- Exposure to AWS cloud platform is a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering or related field. Master's degree is a plus.