Senior Engineer - Big Data
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Title: Sr Engineer, Software (Big Data Team)
Job Description & Responsibilities
- This is an opportunity to become part of the Big Data Team, which is a Network Performance and Operations Platform for elements of the Network.
- This is also an opportunity to work with many open source big data technologies and build applications for data at scale, Hadoop, Impala, Kudu, Kafka, and Spark.
- Ability to build custom web reporting applications for data at scale and leverage internal BI tooling, Qlik Sense, Power BI and Tableau.
- Ability to build and enable machine learning, AI and streaming use cases.
- Work with the most talented Hadoop team building all tooling in house.
- Build distributed, scalable, and reliable data pipelines that ingest and process data at scale and in real-time.
- Own product features from requirement review to production deployment.
- Model, design, develop, code, test, debug, document and deploy application to production through standard processes.
- Partner with other technology teams to deliver end to end solutions.
- Conduct design & code reviews in a Continuous Deployment environment.
- Technical System Expertise: Understands system protocols, how systems operate and data flows. Aware of current technology benefits. Expected to independently develop a full software stack. Understands the building blocks, interactions, dependencies, and tools required to complete software and automation work. Independent study of current technology is expected. Interact with system engineers to define system requirement and/or necessary requirements for automation.
- Technical Engineering Services: Drives engineering projects by developing software solutions; conducting tests and inspections; preparing reports and calculations. Expected to supervise base and associate level engineers as needed.
- Innovation: Contributes to designs to implement new ideas which improve an existing and new system/process/service. Contributes to designs to implement new ideas which utilize new frameworks to improve an existing or new system/process/service. Understands and can apply new industry perspectives to our existing business model. Review existing designs and processes to highlight more efficient ways to complete existing workload more effectively through industry perspectives. Understands the creation of company IPR.
- Technical Writing: Maintains knowledge of existing technology documents. Writes basic documentation on how technology works. Creates clear documentation for new code and systems used. Documenting systems designs, presentations, and business requirements for consumption and consideration at the manager level. Understands the protection of company IPR.
- Technical Leadership: Collaborates with technical teams and utilizes system expertise to deliver technical solutions. Continuously learns and teaches others existing and new technologies. Contributes to the development of others through mentoring or in-house workshops and learning sessions.
- Technology Strategy: Contributes to new and existing technology options that support business goals.
Skills, Experiences, Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree
- In lieu of a degree, experience within industry may be considered.
- Advanced understanding of network monitoring systems, Architecture, Technologies and concepts.
- Strong demonstrated technical writing and presentation skills
- Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to build consensus across various teams
- Experience with Cloudera Impala and Oracle DB operations and administration
- Experience working in a Unix, or Linux environment (Redhat)
- Experience with database optimization
- Experience developing with PERL, C++, Java, Python or equivalent programming language
- Experience with server and storage design for big data solutions
- Experience with big data technologies, Hadoop, Hive, Impala, Scoop, HBase, Kafka, Spark
- 4+ years IT/Technical engineering experience
- Strong RF experience
- Experience with designing performance management applications
- Experience developing HTML5 web applications