Scrum Master Senior Advisor
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Title: Scrum Master Senior Advisor
Job Description & Responsibilities
- Lead and coach two (or temporarily three) agile teams (Scrum, Kanban, XP, or something else, depending on what the team decides and the business needs)
- Guide the team to ensure they understand the importance of technical excellence and reliability
- Use metrics such as burn down charts and cycle time to coach the team into higher performance and also to tell a story with those metrics to stakeholders
- Use your high levels of emotional intelligence to build relationships and lead by example and influence.
- Adeptly navigate questioning the status quo and inviting others to slowly shift the paradigms toward an Agile mindset
- Facilitate ceremonies, training workshops, and other meetings to ensure everyone gets the highest possible value from their time together
- Reach outside the team to partner with others to ensure work is ready for the team and that the work leaving the team is ready for others
- Communicate clearly, understanding and adapting to others' communication styles, in verbal, written, and audio formats
- Work with the team and independently to address impediments to the team's effectiveness–this includes coaching/assisting the product owner to ensure stories are ready and ensuring any issues that occur while the work is being done are resolved quickly.
- Expert level knowledge with Microsoft tools such as Office, Excel, Outlook, as well as Jira and Confluence
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate business need and possible quarterly travel requirements
Skills, Experiences, Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related field (or equivalent working experience)
- 5+ years of previous scrum master experience
- 6-8 years of overall IT experience
- Formal training in agile methodology, coaching, scrum mastering, etc.